Who we are:
At Jaywing, we are a passionate team of digital enthusiasts. There isn’t anyone like us, we’re unique. We don’t expect you to have lots of experience in search or digital, but we do expect you to have a massive desire to learn.
We are a young, dynamic company and our friendly team all share a passion for the web and online marketing. Ongoing demand for our highly ethical and effective SEM services has seen us grow rapidly over the last couple of years and that means we often have vacancies available.
An exciting opportunity for a full stack web developer has arisen within the award-winning team at Jaywing Australia North Sydney office. We require someone who is keen to use the very latest in web technologies and is able to create unique interactive pieces that utilise cutting-edge browser functionality as well someone who is experienced in developing highly polished websites for client websites. We’re looking for someone who loves the web and is excited by the latest developments and features, for example emerging new technology. The right candidate should be aware of new developments like these and eager to use them in their creative website development. You’ll be working closely with our award-winning design team, front-end developers, project managers, account managers and directly with clients to deliver world-class publicly visible websites.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Develop, test and deliver unique creative pieces using the latest front-end technologies
- Write clean, lean, well-documented code
- Work with the development team to spread knowledge and develop resources
- Work with our project managers to develop a delivery schedule for projects
- Day to day contact with clients, account managers, project managers and our design team
- Liaise with clients to understand their goals and translate them into requirements
For victory you’ll need:
- Minimum 4+ years experience in similar role, ideally working in agency environment.
- Strong WordPress and WooCommerce experience in developing custom themes from scratch. You need to know hooks, filters and actions.
- Back-end skills – PHP, MySQL
- Bitbucket, Github
- Gulp, Grunt, Bower
- Responsive development (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, ability to work with design files for web development needs
- Attention to detail
- Good written and communication skills
- Exposure to MVC PHP frameworks – CakePHP, Laravel, CodeIgniter, etc.
- Ability to develop custom plugins, addons, modules for WordPress / WooCommerce
- Ability to work with REST APIs
- Experience creating responsive HTML newsletters in MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, etc.
- Exposure to any other CMS – Magento, Joomla!, Shopify, etc.
- Knowledge of Sketch
- Working knowledge of domain setup, DNS records and web hosting environments – cPanel, Plesk