The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) govern the way in which we must manage your personal information. We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the APPs, and to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
What information we gather and track
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you. The kinds of information we typically collect may include your name, address, phone number, email address, payment information, your business information and other information relevant to providing you with the products or services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
Method of gathering information
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, or through a telephone conversation with you. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties acting on your behalf.
There may, however, be some instances where:
- personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you (and we will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected); and
- we may access or receive your personal information in the course of providing services to a business which provides products and/or services to you.
Purpose of gathering information
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to the performance of our functions and activities, and for the purposes of:
- providing products or services;
- responding to your enquiries;
- communicating with you in relation to our products or services;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and/or
- analysing our products and services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved products or services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to ensure the personal information we hold is protected from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
What we do with the information we gather and track
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
- our related entities to facilitate our and their internal business processes; and/or
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Disclosure of personal information overseas
We are likely to disclose personal information to recipients located outside of Australia. For instance, our related bodies corporate or third party service providers may be based overseas or may use infrastructure outside Australia, including the United Kingdom and the United States.
Your communication, marketing and advertising preferences
Depending on your interactions with us, we may send you emails about our services and/or new trends or updates in our industry. If you wish to stop receiving those emails from us, you can do so by following the instructions included in the email (e.g. via either the “Unsubscribe” tab for a system generated email, or by replying with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line for a direct email) and we will stop sending you such emails.
We use various methods to collect certain other kinds of information including cookies, refers, IP addresses and environment variables.
If you access our website, we may collect the information in the following ways:
- A referrer is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and it is automatically gathered by our web server. We use this information to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
- IP addresses are automatically gathered by our web server. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you. You will not be personally identified from this information.
- Environment variables we gather include time, type of web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is used only for broad demographic information. This information is used by us in identifying broad demographic trends and may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
Access and correction
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period.
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act, and if we do, we will give you a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons), including details of the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will give you a written notice that sets out our reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons), including details of the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
Complaints and feedback
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act or the APPs please contact us using the details below and we will take reasonable steps to investigate the complaint and respond to you.
If after this process you are not satisfied with our response, you can submit a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). To lodge a complaint, visit the ‘Complaints’ section of the OAIC’s website, located at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints, to obtain the relevant complaint forms, or contact the OAIC directly.
Contacting us about privacy
Address: 301/2 Elizabeth Plaza, North Sydney NSW 2060
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone: 02 8294 3214
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the OAIC’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.